Sunday, December 06, 2015

Advent Knitting Day 5 and 6

On Day 5 (Saturday), my BBAdventalong knitting went for a walk in the woods with me.  It's unbelievable that in the first week of December we've got no snow on the ground and it's nearly 50 degrees!


My husband has been doing an exceptional job of chosing the yarn parcels each morning, and having fun as well.  He chooses and then I knit while he's eating breakfast.  It only takes about five minutes to knit the few rows on each mitten.


I thought these two small logs had interesting  lichen on them, a nice backdrop for the mitten.

What I've been doing is knitting three rows with the colored yarn, and two rows of the main color charcoal.  I don't have a picture from today (Sunday's) knitting, the color yarn is purple. I also took the opportunity to weave in the ends of the colors I've used so far, keeping things neat.  It won't be very long and I'll put in the placement for the afterthought thumb.

2 comments:

odiie said...

We have the same strange weather.
Your mittens are coming along nicely. I like the colors.
Odiie

lynn in NJ said...

Cary I love to read your posts. I miss them when you are not writing!. That is a great idea of the few rows of knitting. Say hi to Bill.